Subject: Final business report for Business Writing
Date: January 5, 2011
The purpose of the report is to collect about euthanasia’s information from a large amount of credible news sources, published literature and classical articles. These materials and arguments will be divided into seven aspects to show to you.
• From Oxford Dictionary, euthanasia means painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease.
• Euthanasia application conditions: first, the patient's disease cannot be healed by current medical science. Second, the disease causes the patient physical and mental pain. Both of them are indispensable.
• Death must is the end of life and it waiting for every one. Nobody can avoid it. So the right of subsistence belongs to ourselves, we reserve the right to handle our life, including choosing the manner to end our life, like euthanasia.
• As the medical science developing, there will no be incurable diseases and it is not good at encouraging the development of breakthrough incurable research.
• Euthanasia is against the law in the UK where it is illegal to help anyone kill themselves. Voluntary euthanasia or assisted suicide can lead to imprisonment of up to 14 years.
• Legislating about euthanasia must to combine with death education and Hospice.
• Society pays more and more attention to euthanasia. Not only reflects the consciousness of human rights has been improved, but also show that our social civilization level is rising. It is meaningful.
I The definitions of euthanasia in many dictionaries and laws
II Execution standards of taking euthanasia
III The positive attitudes towards euthanasia
IV The negative attitudes towards euthanasia
V Euthanasia policy in each country
VI Many issue need to solve
(Key words: definitions, dictionary)
The word of euthanasia comes...