ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY TOPICS
Looking for a topic you can really sink your teeth into? The best topic is one that you truly care about, and one that you're prepared to research if necessary. You'll have to back up your claim (whichever side you choose) with lots of evidence and support.
1. Is global climate change man-made?
2. Is the death penalty effective?
3. Is our election process fair?
4. Do colleges put too much stock in standardized test scores?
5. Is torture ever acceptable?
6. Should men get paternity leave from work?
7. Is a lottery a good idea?
8. Do curfews keep teens out of trouble?
9. Is cheating out of control?
10. Are we too dependent on computers?
11. Are parents clueless about child predators on the Internet?
12. Should animals be used for research?
13. Should cigarette smoking be banned?
14. Are cell phones dangerous?
15. Are law enforcement cameras an invasion of privacy?
16. Do we have a throw-away society?
17. Should the government have a say in our diets?
18. Are actors and professional athletes paid too much?
19. Are CEOs paid too much?
20. Do violent video games cause behavior problems?
21. Should creationism be taught in public schools?
22. Are beauty pageants exploitive?
23. Should English be the official language in the United States?
24. Should the racing industry be forced to use biofuels?
25. When should parents let teens make their own decisions?
26. Should the alcoholic drinking age be increased or decreased?
27. What age is appropriate for dating?
28. Should gay couples be able to marry?
29. Are there benefits to attending a single-sex school?
30. Does boredom lead to trouble?
31. Does participation in sports keep teens out of trouble?
32. Is competition good?
33. Does religion cause war?
34. Should the government provide health care?
35. Should girls ask boys out?
36. Is fashion important?
37. Are girls too mean to each...