INTRO TO PSYCHOLOGY
A Sexual Disorder means to have to have difficulty on either 1 level or all levels. Some sexual disorders are the following:
- Hypoactive sexual disorder. - Not attributable to depression where there is reduced desire, sexual activity and reduced sexual fantasy.
- Sexual aversion disorder. - Aversion o genital contact
- Female sexual arousal disorder. - A failure of arousal and lubrication/swelling response.
- Paraphilias. – It’s a simply a neutral umbrella term used to cover a wide variety of atypical sexual interests. There are 7 types of paraphilia:
* Pedophilia. - Is a psychology disorder in which an adult or an older adolescent has sexual preferences towards a prepubescent child.
* Exhibitionism. - Is the exposure of one’s genitals to strangers for sexual arousal.
* Fetishism. - Is a sexual arousal by inanimate objects.
* Frotteurism. - Rubbing up against someone for the purpose of sexual arousal.
* Sexual Masochism. - Pain or humiliation of others for sexual arousal.
* Sexual sadism. – The pain and suffering of the victim, which may contain both physical and psychological, is pivotal to the sexual arousal and pleasure.
* Voyeurism. - Is the sexual interest in spying on people engaged in intimate behaviors.
* Premature ejaculation. – Ejaculation occurring with only the minimal stimulation, either before penetration or soon afterwards.
* Gender identity disorder. – Strong and persistent identification of the self with another gender. Desire to participate in stereotyped games and pastimes of opposite sex, and preference for cross-dressing. May insist that they are the wrong sex.
II. What causes sexual disorders?
* Here are the physical causes:
* Certain medications may suppress the libido and lead to sexual disorders.
* Back injures and especially injures to the spinal cord can have significant impact on a...