Art of Mexico
This paper will have you select one image from one of your textbooks and do further research on that image. You must include a bibliography and use at least two other sources (excluding the textbook) for your research. If the artwork is in a museum, or it has an official dedicated website, then you may use that information to supplement your research.
Wikipedia and general fan (or personal) websites are NOT acceptable resources. Acceptable websites often end in .edu or .org
In this two-page paper you should:
1. Introduce the period and artwork. For example: This paper will discuss (artwork) created by (artist/culture) in (year).
2. Include a brief visual analysis of the artwork (in your own words. Do not quote the textbook description of the artwork).
3. Consider the context of the work. When was it created? By whom? Where? With what other works is it in conversation (this is not a compare and contrast, but if the work you select is based on an earlier form, then mention it). What cultural or historical matters have influenced it? What cultural or historical matters does it seem to be addressing? If you do not know much about the context of the work, make a list of questions that you might wish to pursue. These questions will guide you in your research.
4. Have a conclusion. Sum up your research.
DUE DATE: Monday, November 18th
Format: Full 2-pages in length, double-spaced, 1” margins,
Times New Roman, 12pt font.
Name and title on a separate cover page.
Bibliography on separate page at the end of the paper
Late papers will not be accepted. This paper is worth 100 points.
1. The paper should be typed with 1”margins and page numbers.
2. Please use spell check. If you have problems with your paper, then please write it in advance and let me see the rough draft, or visit the writing center
3. Titles of art works should be underlined or...