Welcome

Anti Essays offers essay examples to help students with their essay writing.

Sign Up

Communityy Profile Essay

  • Submitted by: cptamerica
  • on November 18, 2013
  • Category: College Admissions
  • Length: 364 words

Open Document

Below is an essay on "Communityy Profile" from Anti Essays, your source for research papers, essays, and term paper examples.

Community Profile Presentation
Cedar Rapids is known as the city of Five Seasons.   The community is about 129,000 people large with about 51% being females and the other 49% consisting of male.   It’s a fairly older community which the average age being about 35.2 years of age.   It’s a fairly diverse community made up of about 86% white, with black alone being 5.4%, and Hispanics coming in at 3.3% with the rest being broken up between Asian along with Native Americans.  
The economy of Cedar Rapids has traditionally been based on the manufacture and processing of agricultural and food products, steel fabricating, tool and die making, and radios and electronics. Manufacturing, which continues to be an important economic sector, has slightly started to take a back seat due to the fast growing nature of the Technology industries along with transportation.   The Cedar Rapids area is actually one of the fastest growing telecommunications market in the United States.   Some of the area’s largest employers are Rockwell Collins, Mercy Medical Center, Cedar Rapids Community Schools, AEGON, and St Luke’s Hospital.  
As far as what to do in the community there are a number of different things they do depending on the person’s age.   There are some sight-seeing places along with Museums.   For fun Cedar Rapids has some local sports teams that provide forms of entertainment in football and baseball.   The full range of major college sports is presented at the University of Iowa in nearby Iowa City, where the Hawk-eyes engage in Big Ten competition. Coe College, Mount Mercy College, and Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, and Cornell College in Mount Vernon compete in a number of sports.   There is also a decent size Bar scene where locals tend to interact as well.  
The community responsibilities are in fact a huge deal when it comes to how good the overall gel of a community is if you may.   The city of Cedar Rapids takes great pride in how each member of its community...

Show More


Citations

MLA Citation

"Communityy Profile". Anti Essays. 13 Dec. 2018

<http://snehaedu.com/free-essays/Communityy-Profile-547290.html>

APA Citation

Communityy Profile. Anti Essays. Retrieved December 13, 2018, from the World Wide Web: http://snehaedu.com/free-essays/Communityy-Profile-547290.html