ETH 316 (Ethics & Social Responsibilty) Complete Class
ETH 316 All Individual and Team Assignments, DQs
(Ethics & Social Responsibilty)
1. Individual Assignment: Ethics Essay
• Resources: Week One readings
• Write a 350- to 700-word essay comparing the similarities and differences between virtue theory, utilitarianism, and deontological ethics. Include the following in your essay:
• A description of the differences in how each theory addresses ethics and morality
• A personal experience to explain the relationship between virtue, values, and moral concepts as they relate to one of the three theories
• Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
One of your friends uses the terms ethics and morality interchangeably. You do not think this is correct. How would you explain the difference between ethics and morality? Provide an example of morality and one of ethics in your explanation.
Select two major ethical theories covered in your readings for Week One. What are the major differences between these two theories? Which one of these theories is most aligned to your personal beliefs? Explain.
What are examples of virtues, values, and moral concepts? How does each of these relate to one another? In what ways are they separate and in what ways are they connected?
In Ch. 6 of Basic Ethics, the author discusses the relationship of religion as it relates to morality and ethics. Using your own personal experiences as a resource, what, if any, relationship exists between religion, morality, and ethics? Explain your answer.
1. Learning Team Assignment: Community Profile Presentation
What is a socially responsible effort? Social responsibility comes from the belief that people, governments, and organizations have a responsibility to the greater welfare of society. What each person...