Stefano Zanco 120152
1. Select three of the following pieces of legislation and list the essential knowledge you need to know when developing a risk management strategy.
* Duty of care
* Company law
* Contract law
* Environmental law
* Freedom of information
* Industrial relations law
* Privacy and confidentiality
* Legislation relevant to organization’s operations
* Legislation relevant to operation as a business entity
2. Read the case study, and then complete the task that follows.
You are the manager in a large South Australian printing company that is looking to open a new digital printing business offshoot interstate in New South Wales.
Review each of the context areas below and list at least two areas for each context that may present as risks to this expansion.
* Political context
* Economic context
* Social context
* Technological context
* Policy context
a. duty of care:
- It is a legal obligation imposed on an individual requiring that they adhere to a standard of reasonable care while performing any acts that could harm others.
- It is the first element that must be established to proceed with an action in negligence.
b. Environmental law:
- It is a complex and interlocking body of international treaties, statutes, regulations, and common law or national legislation that operates to regulate the interaction of humanity and the natural environment, toward the purpose of reducing the impacts of human activity.
c. Freedom of information:
- They laws by country detail legislation that gives access by the general public to data held by national governments.
- They establish a "right-to-know" legal process by which requests may be made for government-held information, to be received freely or at minimal cost, barring standard exceptions.
2. CASE STUDY
I am a manger of a large South Australian printing company and we have...