Quarter 3 Book Project Options/Instructions Project: 80pts Due: _________
You must choose one of the options below and complete ALL parts to receive credit. Options that require presentation will be noted.
Option #1 Book Trailer (This option requires presentation)
You’ve heard of the movie trailer, this option allows you to create a book trailer. There are several ways you can do this:
1. Use a variety of still photos, linked with sound and/or text
2. Use motion video with a cast of characters
Whichever you choose to create your 3-5 minute book trailer, it must:
A. Be within the 3-5 minute range
B. Provide information of the plot w/o revealing the ending!
a. Plot Structure (20 pts)
b. Characters (20pts)
c. Conflict(s) (20pts)
Each of these must be able to be easily understood from viewing the book trailer and will be the basis in scoring.
If you choose this option:
* See me for your Book Trailer Planning Guide. This and your presentation are worth 20pts. You MUST fill this sheet out before you begin filming.
* Make sure your technology is working properly—i.e. save on cd or test on computer prior to due date. Technology difficulties on presentation dates WILL NOT BE EXCUSED even with a written note from a parent
Option #2 Book Sculpture (This option requires presentation)
Using details from your book, you will:
A. (45pts) Find 15 objects that relate to your book’s plot and create a sculpture with each object glued together. You can:
a. Have your sculpture resemble a shape related to your book
b. Or choose any shape for your sculpture
Either way, your objects should all form one shape—there should be not loose objects.
* Make sure you incorporate color into your sculpture. If you do not choose to for artistic purposes, you will need to create a write-up of why you did not include color.
B. (35pts) Fill out a synopsis of your sculpture detailing the objects and its...