Course Name: Principles of Marketing
Course Number: BBA 482
Cohort Number: oBBA 024
Start/End Date: November 11, 2013 – December 15, 2013 (break 11/25-12/1)
Name: Sonja Cheadle
Instructor Availability: Flexible. Email anytime. Call during waking hours (8:00 a.m.-10 p.m. cst). All calls will be returned within 24 hours.
Phone: (816) 507-8552
Principles of Marketing examines the nature of marketing and how it identifies and satisfies consumer needs. Learn about strategic marketing processes in an organization, the environmental factors that affect marketing, how consumers reach buying decisions, marketing research methodology, and the marketing mix elements, product, price, place and promotion.
After completing Principles of Marketing, you should be able to
* Determine the role consumer needs play in the development of products and services
* Create methods to blend marketing mix (commonly known as the 4 Ps of marketing) elements into a cohesive program
* Manage cross-cultural analysis to identify global market opportunities
* Analyze consumer behavior to influence individual and family buying patterns
* Classify the five steps in consumer decision making
* Apply marketing strategies to different types of consumer products
* Separate marketing elements based on product life-cycle changes
* Analyze the factors that contribute to product success or failure
* Measure the key factors influencing channel choice
* Evaluate marketing options on the Internet, in e-commerce, and in other emerging opportunities
Kerin, Roger A., et al. Marketing. 11th ed. Boston: McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2013. Print.
Sample Advertisements Total Points - 30
Submit two advertisements targeted at (any combination):...