Report on ‘Training at SmileCo’ case.
SmileCo is a leading confectioner in the FMCG market, with many famous brands in its portfolio. After acquiring a rival company, Reedley, they have a sales team of over 200 in the UK, including regional managers.
Because of this they faced some problems with timely market information from their sales force and up-to-date information on the company and competitor specifics.
To solve these problems SmileCo turned to Pollack Learning Alliance to make special training programme.
This report will look at:
* Problems with the current information system
* Main needs
* Meeting company needs
* Testing of the system
* Types of training
* Post-training support
Problems with the current information system:
* Lack of information and out-of-date information
* Staff can’t afford to spend time in the office completing what they see as a complicated database; it just gets left
* Internal training for the regional managers was inadequate and they weren’t equipped to train their staff
* Sales team from Reedley have only had very ad-hoc informal training with the system
* Training for the new iPAQ system implementation; need to ensure that the regional managers buy in
* Updating sales skills ( sales staff should become more ‘pro-active’ in their approach to selling
* Team building is needed
Meeting company needs:
* Trainers to work with SmileCo’s field force before designing the training programme
Testing of the system:
* They will identify some sales people who will be ‘power users’ – to be trained separately before the system is introduced and to help with training programme development
Types of training:
* Training will be over two days
* It will be a combination of face-to-face instructor-led training on Day 1 and in-store coaching and assessment on Day 2
* It will be one trainer per...