And You Still Want to Have Kids?
Most women are born with a great instinct: the maternal instinct!
Although many of them work hard to find the "right" man and build the "family" they have always dreamed of, I think only a few of them really consider the facts and statistics about the dangers that these children whom they choose to bring into this world may actually face.
Here are a few examples:
* Almost five children die everyday as a result of child abuse! Childhelp.org
* The incidence of suicide attempts reaches a peak during the mid-adolescent years, and mortality from suicide, which increases steadily through the teens, is the third leading cause of death at that age. Surgeon General
* Every year, millions of children are left alone in or around vehicles. This danger is greatly underestimated, and within a few minutes, your child could be abducted or become trapped in the vehicle’s trunk. WSOC
* A recent study found that one in five children online is approached by a sexual predator, a predator who may try to set up a face-to-face meeting. MSNBC
* Each year over 200,000 children are treated in hospital emergency rooms for playground equipment related injuries. The California Injury Lawyer
* Parents are to be warned of the dangers of giving their young children drinks, sweets and cakes containing specified artificial additives, as a result of new findings being made public for the first time today which confirm their link with hyperactivity and disruptive behavior. Guardian
In addition to the less obvious dangers such as:
* Being abused by a relative or even the father.
* Being subjected to bullying at school.
* Witnessing his/her mother being mistreated or beaten.
* Getting lost.
* Being in a car accident.
And many many other situations like these...
Putting all those facts aside, since we human beings always think that bad things happen to others and not our own, I wonder: Why do...